Sunday 10 August 2014

By the seaside, besides the sea!

Hello Everyone.
Today I have something a little different for you to look at! 
I have carried on with the theme of shoes and this time I have created them from Graphic 45 papers, By the Sea!

I really love these papers and am very loathed to cut into them, but thought it time to do something with them instead of being in my paper box!




I cut out the shoes with the Ballroom Sizzix die using a piece of Graphic 45 paper along with a piece of blue pearl card! I then found the images of the shells and the boys face from another piece of the G45 papers and them out and glued them into place using Pinflare glue gel to give them some dimension! I then had a rummage through my embellishments and found some silver charms in the shape of a ships wheel an anchor and a fish and attached them to the shoes using bakers twine! To finish off I used some small stick on pearls!

I then went on to make another pair of shoes with the smaller front to them and decided to alter a large peg to use as a stand for the shoes!

This time I decorated the front of the shoes with lace ribbons which I put little pleats into and added a couple of buttons! Ribbon was also added to the back of the shoes! Again I cut out an image of a ships wheel and I attached a small silver anchor.



I purchased a large decorated peg a little while ago and decided to alter it  first by sanding down the peg then painting it with white gesso! Once dry I covered the front and back of the peg with G45 paper! I then used a light blue ink to finish off the peg covering the white parts and the edges of the added paper! A strip of cream hessian was ruffled and then glued onto the peg.
Images of the mermaid and shells were cut out and glued in place!

I hope this will give you some ideas to play with.
Happy Crafting,
Sue x



4 comments:

  1. I really love the paper used for the shoes. And, putting them onto a card is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a G45 addict too! So enjoyed seeing these creations.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...