Friday 1 August 2014

Footwear for the Beach

Afternoon Folks!
Unfortunately the sun is hiding as I am writing this post!

This morning I was playing around with my Big shot and a Sandal die by Sizzix and this is what I came up with!

I would love to walk along the beach now and dip my toes into the sea!

*OK, first I cut out the base of the sandal twice making sure the patterned paper was cut matching the design. (I did this by measuring the size of the sandal, doubled it, folded it with the design inside then cut the shape out using my big shot. Doing it this way you get a right and left sandal)!

*I then cut out another pair in white card to use as a sole.

*Using a hole punch, I made holes to thread ribbon through. (see photo)!
Once the ribbon has been threaded through the holes, use double sided tape to keep it in place then add extra glue and stick in place the white sole to help keep the ribbon in place.

*The roses / butterflies and gems were glued to the ribbon.

* The card base edge was coloured using inks! To do this I cut out a square shape to fit into the middle of the card base then used an Ink Duster to wipe ink all over the outside edge of the square template! (This helps to create a crisp edge to the card base)!

* Remove the template, add wave cutouts,(I used a flourish die) then attach the sandals!

Beach Ready!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...