Friday 1 August 2014

Have a lovely Day

Hello to you! Hope you are enjoying the May Bank Holiday! 

In Gloucester / Cheltenham the sun is shining and the sky is pretty blue so I am hoping it will be a lovely day again! (Yesterday was quite warm too)!

OK, on to, today's post.
This is the card I made for the swap group I run, Card Swap Challenge!



Stampin up items used to make the flowers & leaves!

*The flowers were stamped with black stazon ink & punched out, then coloured with watered down inks!

*Once dry, to make them 3D looking I put them through a paper crimper to break the card fibers down then smoothed each petal out with a bone folder and was able to separate the petals into 2 layers keeping the center of the flower intact.
(I used this method when I made the stems for my Gerbera flowers! Take a look at the video for more details)!

*The center of these flowers was made using dots of glue covered with tiny beads I purchased from the £ shop! (Sold for nail art- 12 small different colours in tiny glass bottles! I see another use for those bottles)!


*The leaves were made from paperclay which I love working with, coloured with green ink before I used a mold to form the leaves!

*The smaller flowers were punched out and coloured the same way then I added a coloured metal dot to each center!

To finish the card off I used a free sentiment I had received with Craft Stamper magazine, and the pearls were made using Liquid Pearls!


Happy Crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...