Monday 25 May 2015

IndigoBlu Stamp, 'Blue's Look Out' - Creating a Shadow Box

Good Afternoon Everyone,
I hope you have enjoyed the Bank Holiday here in the UK, and the weather has been pretty good as well hasn't it!

Well I was lucky enough to go and Visit IndigoBlu's HQ and shop earlier this week in Retford after we dropped our youngest off at Uni.
So of course I had to make the visit worth it  didn't I, so purchased a lovely bag of goodies!
You can also find the shop and HQ  at Unit 3 Ebor Court, Trinity Park, Randall Park Way, Retford, Notts, DN22 7WF. ( Two units opposite each other)!

I spoke to Becky in the shop and after I finished shopping she offered to take me over to the HQ side so I could take a look at the samples on show over there!
Such a lot to look at and so may ideas and inspiration. I then also got the opportunity to chat to Alfie Halliwell-Sutton for a short while!
The IndigoBlu Shop
IndigoBlu HQ samples on show

               
Alfie & Becky

New stamp sets- 'Plume' & 'Blue's Look Out' are a couple of the stamps I used for this project!

So I started off  by taking the glass out of the shadow box and painting the frames and inset with Gee-Soo Good. 
Once dry, I used the FlitterGlu and Gin & Tonic Mega Flakes with the Honeycomb stamp to decorate the frame along with the Anemone Corner and Dinky Anemone stamps.
Then using 'Blues Look Out' & Blazing Poppies stamps on heavy white card I used some of the English Cottage Artist Acrylic Paints to colour in the images and did some fussy cutting. I then covered the back of the frame with white card, used Pan Pastels for a sky and grass background, stamped the birds from Blues Look Out and then stamped the background twice with Summer Lovin stamp!
The 'Freedom' sentiment came from the stamp set 'Plume'.





The Cat and Poppies were glued in place just inside the frame, then the insert went back in then the back piece of the frame. I did it that way to give the piece a more layered 3D look! To finish everything off, I added a few butterflies and a little bling!

Thanks for stopping by today, hope to see you again soon.

Happy Crafting, Sue xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...