Saturday 30 May 2015

Multimedia Picture- I was sure you could not be so Beautiful.



Good Morning all, beautiful day here in Gloucestershire!
My youngest daughter is off enjoying her 21st Birthday surprise weekend away and as the IndigoBlu Stamp Dianne reminds me so much of her I thought I would show you a Multimedia piece I have been working on!

I had an idea in mind as to what I was going to do around the stamped image of 'Dianne' and the more I progressed, I added a few more techniques. Let me show you what I did!



To start off with, I choose a 12"x12" Paper from one of the New Mixed Media Papers Vintage from IndigoBlu and the Rugged Edge stamp set. This set has 4 stamps and I used long 'splat' stamp with white embossing powders to create a little texture along the sides of the paper then used the 'stitches' stamp with pumice stone distress ink to add a little more depth to the paper! (you may have noticed I don't have a long enough stamping block for this set, but my Sizzix cutting plate worked wonderfully well)!

                                 
The next step was to use more texture on the paper so I brought in some texture paste and a Flourishes Stencil which I added to 2 of the corners along with a dots stencils randomly added across the page! Once the paste was dry I then added some paint drips watering down some of the Goldfinger and Aladdin metallic paints. I then went in with a couple more paints and the honeycomb stamp from the rugged stamp to add a bit more detail!


         


I stamped the 'Dianne' image onto white card with StaZon ink then painted the hair with Goldfinger paint and added brown highlights with a brown marker! Before sticking the image down I added a doily and strips of  thin jute ribbon underneath the image. The doily was a bit too white so I rubbed a little Aladdin paint over it!
I had some plain white, petals in my stash in a couple of different sizes so out came the paints to bring them to life! Some homemade embellishments were made using SU simply pressed clay then added to the center of the petals. Peppermint Tea, and Goldfinger paint were used to colour them! (using the clay I also made a couple of flourishes, a bow and a small boarder for and painted them once dry with Aladdin paint and used the Goldfinger paint to highlight them). 


                                    

I went on to add a few more paint splashes, Bakers Twine and flat backed pearls.  
To finish off this piece off  I stamped out a sentiment from 'Mr Darcy' several times and punched out each line and added the punched pieces to the picture.
This was lots of fun to make and I learnt quite a few things along the way!
Thanks for stopping by today. See you again soon. Sue xx


                                 

                                 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...