Thursday 25 June 2015

'Letter in a Bottle'

Good morning to you all.
Today I have a beach themed card to share with you.
This came about as a 'Seaside' card swap for a FB group i'm in. 
Now I don't really have much in the way of materials for this theme but I did remember that I had some Graphic 45 papers and small glass bottles and I had a spark of an idea!

I started off by Stamping a background using the 'En Francais' stamp in Tempting Turquoise then found 3 images from 'On the Boardwalk' that I liked.
I rounded off the corners of these images then went around the edges with inks.


Next I pulled out some silicon molds and crafters clay and made some shells an anchor and ships wheel. Once dry they were then painted with some IndigoBlu paints.
I then used the En Francais with some sepia ink to make a little letter to go into the bottle. I added a sprinkle of yellow glitter to the inside of the bottle and rolled up the letter put it inside. I replaced the cork and tied some bakers twine around the top.

I sprinkled some more glitter around the beach scenes, then down the center of the card I glued on some open weave cheesecloth and bakers twine. I then glued down the shells and little tickets I made from the G45 papers and used a SU punch to cut them out. To finish off I added some little pearls.










This was a fun card to make. 
Have a great day and I shall be back soon. Happy Crafting xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...