Wednesday 16 December 2015

Winter Blues- IndigoBlu Challenge

Hello there blog readers.
I just wanted to thank you for checking in today and to let you know why I haven't been blogging for the last few months. Unfortunately my Mum passed away in October and it all happened quite suddenly, so I am now slowly getting back to doing some crafting. 
So I would like to dedicate this creation to my Mum...Xx

What better way to start blogging again than taking up this months challenge over at IndigoBlu. The theme for this month is Winter Blues
Come and see how I put it all together!




Apologies in advance for the photo's, This time of year natural lighting isn't very good for using my iPhone camera. I really do need to invest in a good camera so that I can use extra lighting. Maybe I need to ask Father Christmas lol

An idea formed in my head after purchasing the IndigoBlu Snow Globe stamp.

I stamped five images with the stamp onto white card with a blue Stazon ink and added different images in purple to the middle of the globe but in the end decided to go with the houses for all five globes I used on the pedestal above.
Each image was cut out, folded top to bottom down the middle, then each images was glued to the next to make a 3D globe. Glossy accents was painted over the globe to give it a glassy look and when this was dry I used Stickles diamond ice and baby blue liquid pearls down each side of the panels.













Small gems were added to the snowflakes on each panel making up the globe!






The pedestal was cut out of thick card using a Sizzix Die called 'Cupcake Stand & Pendent. I cut out two of the squares so that I could use the 2nd one as a base to attach some Christmas trees. 
The pedestal was painted first with Gee Soo Good in white, then once dry I repainted it with Sleeping Beauty paint.
Once the paint was dry I went on to use some embossing paste and stencil to give the pedestal some texture. 
I left this overnight to dry then added some thick white embossing powder and a few extras from the Encrusted jewel kit from Stampendous.




Now onto the embellishments,
Snowflakes were punched out of pearl white card and hung from the top square using jump rings, the large Snowflake embellishment on the top of the snow globe was made using wooded cut out snowflakes which I painted white then added Stickles, and a large pearl headed pin was pimped up with extra beads.

















A small glass bottle was the next item to be given a makeover.


Out came the Mega Flake again along with the encrusted jewel kit, tiny glass beads and a little scroll I made saying 'Christmas Wishes'. I also found a small wooded Christmas tree in my stash and that was covered in Flake as well.
Sheffield Steel Flake was also used to add a bit more detail along the edges of the squares and stand.
                         
                                   

Two small Christmas tress were added to the base to give the pedestal a more christmassy feel so I can use this as a Christmas ornament in my living room.
I hope this post has given you some ideas for a last minute Christmas decoration.

            

Please pop back again soon and if you enjoyed reading this post, why not subscribe to my blog to see what I am creating next.

Happy Crafting to you all,
Sue xx








10 comments:

  1. WOW Sue, this is a gorgeous creation. You have put so much thought and work in creating and it shows. I LOVE IT and a perfect tribute to your Mum.
    Love and hugs
    Christine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for leaving me such a lovely comment Christine. Hugs back to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly amazing. Wow, I love how you turned out the stamp in a 3D item, simply brilliant. And gorgeous details as well. Best luck with the IB challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is truly fabulous Sue and thanks so much for sharing how you made it. Thanks for joining the Indigo Blu challenge and good luck - hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing. what a spectaculair creation you made.
    Thank you for joining our challenge at IndigoBlu.

    Hugs Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation, your mum would be proud. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...