Saturday 9 January 2016

New Years Greetings Cards

Hi there, well the weather here in the UK seems to be getting colder. We have had rain on and off for such a long time now and where I live there is a lot of flooding. Luckily our house is above the flood plain but at the end of the orchard you can see the flood water which has come into the fields.

I'm cosy in my craft room and and have been making a few things with those little calendar's you can buy. I know I should have done something before now but.................................
So here is one of the ideas. Check out my blog tomorrow for the other.

The first idea is to make New Year Cards. Yes, again a little late but I made these two for my partners in the card swap challenge group I run on Facebook which I sent out earlier this week.



.
This part of the card spins around the silver circle.
I also marked the date's of the group members birthdays on the calendar with little butterflies.



The inside of the card had a slider element with a New Years greeting on it. A gentle pull will reveal the message.

         

Did you pick up on the London eye and fireworks?

For both the cards I used Stampin up Inks and my Ink Duster (brushes) to colour the card using a pinks and purples. (That was part of the Challenge. Pink, Purple & Silver).
The images of the Fireworks and Month names came from a SU set called Perpetual Birthday Calendar, (I have a set for sale in my shop if you are interested Click on this link) and the London eye came from a set I purchased a while ago called Feeling Sentimental.
Of course I had to get in some Mega Flakes by IndigoBlu so I used them around the front edges of the card and inside on the 'Pull Out Tag'.


                                  


The 2nd card was slightly different as I made a pocket and cut out six different length pieces of card for the calendar months to go onto. (One month per side )!

All the little calendars come out of the pocket. Just turn the card over for the next month. Can be used to highlight special occasions such as birthdays etc. Extra room to write little notes on each side of the calendar.


                           



Hope these cards have given you some ideas and you have a go at making one yourself.

Happy Crafting, Sue xx




1 comment:

  1. Sue, these cards are wonderful, so inventive. I loved watching the video, it really showcased the cards in all their splendid glory. Michelle x x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...