Sunday 5 June 2016

May.....All your Dreams come true - my challenge piece

Hello to you.
So I'm well and truly back from my travels around New England and have brought myself back some great crafty goodies, but I will tell you more about that in another post! 

 I needed a little nudge to get me back into crafting again and what better way to do that, than to enter the IndigoBlu Blog Challenge, so I have!
How about you?
 Why don't you have a go at this challenge, you might even win a fab prize. 
Check out all the information here.
Good Luck and have some crafty fun! xx

My idea for this challenge changed quite a lot and I needed to pin something down so I took a look again at my IndigoBlu stamps to get some ideas. I then went on to thinking about dreams, which then lead onto dream catchers, then I moved onto day dreams and how time slips by when lying in the sun day-dreaming (or thinking about challenges lol) and I ended up thinking about the 'Mr Darcy' stamp set I have.
And after all that thinking, this is what evolved.
What do you think??
So, first things first.
I painted a background with some of the Cottage Garden Acrylic paints from both the Metallic and Matt paints.Trying to get those colours you get when blowing bubbles.
I mixed up a runny paint with a few of the colours and let them drip down the card. Once this was dry I painted over the entire piece of card with the 'Snow White' paint.
Once the paint was dry I then stamped with the Bubbles stamp and sprinkled it with some Stampendous shabby blue embossing enamel.
I wanted to add some extra texture so I used the clock face mask and some 3D gloss gel mixed with a little Kingfisher paint.
I then stamped out several black images onto acetate circles to give the illusion of bubbles, used some different colour paints to make them come alive a little.

I felt the 'Bubbles' need a little shine so I went around each of them with some Mega Flake.
I haven't shown it here but I added some glitter glue and gems to the bubbles.

I felt that this project was beginning to look like a wall hanging so thought I would use one of the Tim Holtz wall hangers I brought home with me but felt the colour of it wasn't quite right so covered it with embossing enamel
I also added a Tim Holtz 'Word Band' to the hanger.
Before I glued down the 'Bubbles' I moved them around the hanger to see how I liked them the most.
I felt the hanger was a little plain so added a small seam binding bow.

Below are a few close ups.
I hope you have enjoyed following my journey into creating this wall hanger.

Hope to see you here again soon.
Happy Crafting,
Sue xx




8 comments:

  1. Hello Sue, and wow!! Such a marvellous piece. Love the soft palette, the bubbles , the images you used and above all the tutorial! Really inspiring. Thanks for playing with us at IndigoBlu challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gio, really lovely to hear from you. Such a fun challenge this month, really got me thinking lol xx

      Delete
  2. I adore this Sue - its so very clever - brilliant elements put together beautifully! Thanks for playing along in the Indigo Blu challenge this month and good luck! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Rachel,I would love to win so that I could add a couple more stamps to my collection lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, this is a stunning project, love the details! Thanks for entering the IndigoBlu Challenge. Kay x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, I love this! You are so clever with the bubble idea! Maxine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment Maxine and for popping by xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment...