Sunday 12 June 2016

Shabby Chic Double Z Fold Card

Hello to you and welcome. Today I would like to share a Double Z Fold card with you that was commissioned by my son, who's friend was moving to France and was also celebrating her birthday and loves cakes. 
(I found out afterwards that Macaroons are one of her favorites)!

My order from IndigoBlu had just arrived so it was a perfect opportunity to use the New  Roses Stencil. (As soon as I saw this mask I knew it was one I had to have)!

Anyone who knows me, know's I don't like to do precise measurements unless I really need to so to keep it easy the base card measurement is cut to 6"x 12" and scored at 3" & 6". 
(The layered paper pieces are just slightly smaller, enough to leave a boarder showing through).
The band is cut at 12" x 2 1/2" and scored 6"x 9" and again the layering piece's are cut slightly smaller.
Now that measurements are out of the way, onto the fun stuff.

         

I chose a piece of background card from the "Belle Epoque" mixed media card stack from Indigoblu as its a good weight of patterned card to use embossing paste on. 
A little Cinderella paint was mixed into the embossing paste then spread over the Roses stencil.
(I put this to one side to let it dry and went on to stamp out and colour some macaroons. The stamp came from the craft Stamper magazine and was designed by Giovanna Zara. So delicious)!. 
Once the embossing paste was dry I watered down a little Grandma's Teacup paint and used this as a wash all over the panels to soften up the colours slightly.

Back to the card base. 
I chose another couple of pieces out of the card stack to layer on top of the blue card base and used black ink to outline the edges.
TIP; before you attach the patterned panels, make sure that the blue card base and band are the correct way around!
The main card base should have the two 3"scored  panels on the left and 
the card band should have the 6" scored panel on the left when looking down on the card. Opposite way around from each other. See photo!

(Cream card will go on the middle blue panel for messages).


A doily was cut up and coloured with a blue Gelatos crayon to soften up the stark white.


Time to play with some embellishments


  Strips of really sticky double sided tape were attached to either end of the band. 
TIP: Measure up from the bottom of the card to make sure the band is level.
This then folds out to make the Z shape.



I decided the card needed a little extra something so I added ice stickles to the embossed roses for some extra sparkle.
And there you have it, finished.

I would love to hear from you, let me know what you think. 
Happy Crafting, Sue xx











                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...