Tuesday 9 August 2016

Having fun with Slider Cards

Hello everyone,
I decided to create a few more sliding cards, not for any reason, just that I enjoy making them. 
(Have you tried making one yet, I find that men folk find them fascinating).

I'm not going to do a long tutorial on how to make either of these cards as you use the same technique I used on the Sliding Camera Card I shared on my blog a little while ago. I have now added that video to the end of this post!

Here is a quick video to show how these new cards work.



To start this card off I used the Tim Holtz Typewriter Die. I cut out a couple in different colours. The main typewriter was painted then I added the different colour card pieces into place and painted those to give a vintage look.
I then stamped out the sentiments, inked around the edges and rolled the top corner to each piece.
I cut out a piece of thick card for the backing of the typewriter and applied heated up several layers of gold embossing power on it, and whilst it was still hot pressed into it with several stamps to leave an embedded image.
I then went on to stamp and colour the ink-pot and quill.Glitter was then added along with gold thread and painted flowers.

                            "Enjoy Life"                                                           "Take the Time"


                                   "Plume"                                                               "Good Times"



Now for this card I used the Tim Holtz Telephone Die. 
I cut out three of the telephones using white card.
Each of the hand pieces were cut away from the main part of the telephone. Two of them were glued together to give them some extra strength, the third one was glued in place once I had attached the acetate message and cord.
I used the Raven Black Indigoblu Artist's Acrylic Paint to paint two of the telephone die cuts, the third one was kept white to fill in those little details. Some parts were painted silver.
The background was first of all inked with a brick stencil, then I used embossing paste with the clock face stencil. Once dry I stamped a boarder with one of the sound waves from the stamp set "Light & Sound Borders". A Police box image was used from the paper pack. 
The edges of the paper were distressed and inked in blue. I crumpled the paper to give it an aged look and painted over it with a watered down blue paint.
Because I wanted to create a sliding element to represent a voice coming from the telephone I stamped "Hello" onto a piece of acetate along with a small part from the sound boarder.
The card was finished off with three die cut no"9"s.


       "Lost Family - Mixed Media Paper Pad"                "Clock Face - Stencil"

                            "Word Block #1"                                        "Light and Sound Boards"

Well thats all for tonight. I hope you have enjoyed this post. Hope you come back soon.
Happy Crafting, Sue xx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...